Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Delayed Start


On Sunday afternoon we traveled to our starting point (Tidal River) and set up camp intending to be on our way in the morning. During the late afternoon I felt ill and was left with a choice, go home and get checked out or stay over overnight and hope I felt better in the morning. Peter Howard who accompanied us Tidal River was to drive the car back after dinner. I was concerned that if I stayed and was unwell in the morning we wouldn’t have any transport back to Melbourne.

Fortunately tests back in Melbourne gave me the all clear and we are able to start again. We have lost 3 days cycling so our final destination is a little more uncertain. My particular thanks to Peter and Tony for helping me to cope on Sunday night and to Lisa for driving us back down to Tidal River tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed, no more delays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment